Top 6 Hunting Chairs for the Blind or Tree Stand
If you’re a hunter, then you know that having a good chair is important. Not only do you need one for when you’re sitting in your blind or tree stand, but also for when you’re out in the field tracking your prey. A good hunting chair will provide comfort and support and will help keep you concealed from your prey. In this blog post, we will discuss the top 10 hunting chairs on the market today. We’ll take a look at the features of each one, and help you decide which one is right for you!
Make your hunting experience truly unforgettable by utilizing the best chairs for blinds and stands! Here are 10 of the highest-rated options that both ground and tree stand hunters can appreciate. From mobile designs to features you didn’t even know existed, there’s a chair here especially made with Hunters in mind.
1. ALPS OutdoorZ Steal – Best Blind Hunting Chair
If you’re looking for the best of the best in blind chairs, then look no further than ALPS OutdoorZ Stealth. This chair is constructed with a rugged powder-coated steel frame that is both sturdy and fully adjustable so it can fit on any terrain, from uneven ground to regular surfaces. Despite its hefty weight of 16 1/2 pounds, this chair quickly folds into a compact carry bag which makes transport even easier! Don’t expect too much mobility though; this chair isn’t meant for run and gun hunting but rather designed for permanent setups or one trip per hunt!
This seat’s maximum height is 23″ and its minimum is 19″, making it perfect for a wide range of blinds and stands. The steel frame can accommodate loads up to 275 pounds, however, we suggest that you use caution as exceeding the weight limit could cause potential damage.
One of the primary issues when dealing with ALPS Stealth is its fabric and portability. Some users have reported that their seat fabrics begin to fray, as well as squeaky swivels within a year or two of purchase. Fortunately, ALPS offers an excellent warranty and customer service should any problems arise – giving you peace of mind!
2. Millennium G100 Shooting Chair – Premium Choice
The G100 is the superior choice for hunters, providing every option one could desire. This shooting chair has been designed with hunting in mind and offers features such as a 360-degree swivel base, adjustable tripod legs, and an incomparable ComfortMAX seat that are sure to satisfy all avid outdoorsmen.
Furthermore, robust construction from durable aluminum makes this chair easy to move while its full-back fabric provides reliable support during extended periods of sitting. In addition, Millenium advertises its weight at 8.5lbs but reports suggest it weighs closer to 10; yet whatever the case may be – quality materials make up the entire ensemble from silent swivel movement & powder coated frame down to its sturdy seat back material!
The holes are already pre-drilled to attach either a G101 shooting stick (available for purchase separately) or an M600 bow holder (also sold separately).
Although the price is a bit high, you are getting your money’s worth with this premium chair. The construction is of superior quality and can hold up to 400 lbs; which many other hunting chairs simply cannot match. Some hunters have experienced discomfort when using it due to individual preference or physical health issues, but overall there has been positive feedback about its performance.
3. Guide Gear Big Boy Blind Chair – Largest Hunting Chair
Are you a larger hunter and constantly facing issues with chairs not being strong enough or comfortable? Look no further than the Big Boy Blind Chair, which is capable of handling up to 500 lbs! The seat itself is far wider (21” x 19”) than usual and features Dura Mesh fabric that conforms to your shape instead of using padding.
For added sturdiness, it’s built on an incredibly robust steel tube frame and has round “duck feet” for enhanced stability while weighing only 20 lbs as a whole. Moreover, the armrests are there but small enough so they don’t hinder movement in any way.
The Big Boy chair is known to fold on its own when carrying it, but a quick fix for that is tying it shut with an elastic bungee cord.
Although the armrests are not as enduring as the rest of the structure, they can suffice if you do not expect any uneven terrain. However, if your plans involve rough ground or hillsides then consider upgrading to either Millenium G100 or ALPS Stealth chairs instead since their legs come adjustable.
4. ALPS OutdoorZ Rhino MC Hunting Stool
The ALPS Rhino MC Hunting Stool is the most reliable option for your money. At first glance, it may appear to be a typical 3-legged camping chair; however, outdoorsmen will find more than meets the eye with its quality features. From an extra wide 19” x 19” triangular seat and angled back covered in two camo patterns – made especially for hunters wearing thick clothing – you can trust that this stool is comfortable and won’t dig into your thighs when sitting for long periods or shooting from a blind!
With two mesh pockets for convenient access to your gear, the Rhino MC is a lightweight yet robust product, weighing in at only 5-1/2 lbs. and easily folding into its accompanying carry bag. Traverse through all of your hunting spots without any hassle as this great invention is so simple to use!
The most common issue with the Rhino MC is its hard-to-maneuver carry sack. Therefore, if you plan on purchasing this stool, it’s best to bring a backpack or duffel bag for transportation. This stool can tolerate up to 375 lbs in weight; however, those who are heavier should look into another option as people of average size may have difficulty using the chair properly.
5. Guide Gear Swivel Hunting Chair
Enjoy a comfortable and luxurious hunt with the Guide Gear Swivel Hunting Chair! This upgraded metal folding chair provides solid support from its steel tubing legs and frame, finished off with a matte black powder-coated paint. On top of that is included a 360° swivel so you never have to worry about losing sight of your target.
The plush cushion seating, measuring 2-1/4″ thick, ensures that you have a comfortable experience even when staying for an extended period of time. Additionally, the backrest adds to your total relaxation – giving you the perfect spot to rest and relax. Both are covered in tough 300d nylon fabric for wear resistance as well as water protection thanks to the PUR coating applied on them. Though weighing just under 12 lbs, this chair is perfect for permanent blinds or deer stand set-ups — making sure every hunting trip will be an enjoyable one without fail!
For those who have scooted on the fabric, you may be familiar with its whisper-like sound. Unfortunately, many folks have also expressed dissatisfaction over the backrest’s comfort level due to a lack of cushioning – nothing more than thick fabric is found atop the steel frame.
6. ALPS OutdoorZ NWTF Vanish Hunting Chair
The ALPS OutdoorZ NWTF Vanish Hunting Chair is the perfect lightweight chair for turkey hunting, capable of sustaining weight up to 300 pounds (ca. 136 kg). It features a powder-coated steel frame and padded armrests with mesh backing for comfortable airflow. Additionally, it includes padding on its arms so that you never have to worry about noise from accidentally banging your gear against it. Furthermore, this chair comes complete with an accompanying padded shoulder bag for added convenience when carrying!
For some, the Vanish turkey hunting chair may be a bit extreme with its 9″ front and 6″ back seat height. However, this is not enough to deter dedicated Turkey hunters who swear by it!
7. REDNEK Portable Hunting Chair
The Rednek blind chair stands out from others with its square tubing design that runs up to the backrest for maximum stability – no movement when you lean back! The legs are individually adjustable, and there are even self-leveling push-pin sliding feet. For comfort, both the seat and backrest come padded with removable covers for easy washing and scent removal. Furthermore, the chair swivels 180 degrees so you’re covered regardless of your needs.
The Rednek chair is collapsible and transportable, yet not quite as small as our preferred chairs. Furthermore, you may experience minor bumping on the frame when swiveling; luckily adding extra padding can mitigate that issue.
Deciding on the Optimal Hunting Chair for You
When choosing your next hunting chair, there are many variables to be aware of. Consider how you generally hunt and what use it will have specifically. For example, deer stands require diverse requirements from ground blind hunting. If one is using a blind, comfort and maneuverability become more important than weight or ease of transport since they likely will not move them once erected.
If you’re a quick and agile turkey hunter, your chair must be light enough for easy transport and able to be used on uneven terrain. Fortunately, many suitable chairs and stools can make your hunt more comfortable. To ensure you select the most appropriate option for hunting, let’s quickly look at the types of seating available and which type works best in various scenarios.
Types of Hunting Chairs
Every type of chair has optimal use during hunting. Some are built for relaxation, while others are tailored to a distinct task like ground blinds or mobile hunting.
- Swivel Shooting Chairs – Just as the name implies, these chairs allow you to spin around and take aim at birds, deer, or other animals from a blind. Many of these swivel shooting chairs come with attachments for a stable shooting stick so that you can accurately nail your target.
- Adjustable Tripods – Tripod chairs are a wonderful choice for adjusting to various terrains due to their adjustable legs. With the three adjustable legs, you can easily adjust each leg’s height to create optimal levels of comfort and stability over any type of terrain.
- Folding Chairs – Folding chairs offer the same comfort as camp chairs but are incredibly lightweight and portable. Whether you need to sit at a typical height for ground blinds or low to the earth while turkey hunting, folding chairs will provide everything you need.
- Hunting Stools – Hunting stools are typically the most lightweight and convenient to transport. These hunting chairs conveniently fold up for easy carrying, making them the most practical option on the market.
Hunting Chair Features & Design
When it comes to hunting, comfort makes a huge difference in your success. Think about all the times you’ve gone out and sat for hours, only to get up feeling stiff or sore – not exactly ideal conditions when trying to shoot accurately! Have you ever noticed yourself getting distracted by an uncomfortable chair rocking on the unsteady ground? Or being too low/high while sitting in a blind? Investing in just the right type of hunting chair can help eliminate these distractions so that you remain focused on the hunt at hand.
A great chair should satisfy your needs, while still being discreet when you desire it to be. Here are some innovative attributes hunting chairs provide that can significantly increase your comfort and enhance the quality of your hunt.
- 360° Swivel Seat – With a 360-degree swivel seat, you can effortlessly turn your body to get the perfect shot without having to adjust yourself every time.
- Adjustable Tripod Legs – To ensure that you can enjoy your day without constantly readjusting for balance, investing in a chair with adjustable legs is key. This way, each leg can be set to the same height on uneven ground – so no more wobbly days!
- Gun/Shooting Rest – Choose a chair with an integrated shooting rest or space to attach your shooting sticks for optimum stability the next time you aim.
- Seat Height – Adjusting the height of your seat is essential, especially when you are hunting from a blind or tree stand. An adjustable height lets you capture the ideal angle for shooting based on both your unique stature and the positioning of the stand.
- Stools vs Backrest/Armrest – Stools may not be the most comfortable of all chairs, but they do come with some advantages. They are usually lightweight and adjustable – yet don’t have the backrests necessary for extended periods of sitting down. Backrests and armrests can increase comfort levels; however, these additions bring extra weight – especially if you’re hiking large distances in remote areas. Armrests could even obstruct a shot!
Although you may think you’ve found the perfect chair or stool with all of your desired features, it’s possible that a bad purchase can still be made due to inadequate design and shoddy materials. To ensure this doesn’t happen, here are some things to consider before making your selection:
- Frame Materials – When it comes to frame materials, always look for lightweight yet strong options of aluminum or composite. Avoid frames made from heavy steel and opt out of cheapened versions constructed with low-quality plastic or metal.
- Quiet Movement – If you are hunting for a superior chair, an important feature to look out for is its silent movement. A quality product should remain hushed when it is unfolded and swiveled – no creaking or squeaking allowed!
- Seat Materials – When choosing seat materials, odorless scent lock is the best option. If not, you should opt for a fabric that can be easily washed to remove any lingering odors. Padding should also be scent-free and provide enough comfort to sit in it all day without becoming uncomfortable. Mesh material surpasses solid-backed chairs in terms of breathability and coziness, making them an ideal choice if you want to maintain good posture while seated for extended periods.
- Weight Capacity – It is essential to ensure that the stool or chair you select can accommodate your weight. Not all chairs are designed for larger people, which increases the risk of them being broken when used in a professional setting.
With a multitude of hunting chairs available, it can be tricky to figure out which one is right for you. It all depends on your hunting style and the location where you hunt. For ultimate comfort and longevity from your chair, ensure that it features a sturdy frame with plenty of cushioning.